Whether you enjoy winter or desire the warmer months in Lake Worth, many of us make adjustments to ensure our home’s temperature keeps us content. This can have a big impact on your energy bills, but there are steps you can take to reduce those energy costs.
- Assess the weather stripping – Over time, the seals around your windows and doors can crack or become weathered. Walk around your home to identify any drafts that should be addressed.
- Utilize your blinds – If your windows have blinds, they can be valuable in keeping your home warm. Keep them open when the sun is shining during the day, and make sure to close them at nighttime, so the warmer air doesn’t escape.
- Change your filter – Check your filter regularly to see if it should be switched out. We recommend at least once every three months, but every household is different, so that can vary.
- Buy a programmable thermostat – Programmable thermostats may seem like just a handy way to make sure your home remains warm, but programmable thermostats can also help you reduce energy costs! You can arrange temperatures to be lower when you are away from the home or sleeping. Being more mindful of efficiency will help with heating costs.
- Add insulation to your attic – Take a look and see if you have an adequate amount of insulation. Because heat rises, insulation in your attic is a great tool to decrease the chances of heat escaping.
- Book routine maintenance – Just like we visit the doctor to get checkups, your heating system will benefit from having a professional look at it, too. Hiring professionals to clean and maintain your system will confirm that your system is operating effectively and efficiently. They can also identify small issues that could end up as more expensive repairs if neglected.
- Assess your HVAC system – If you notice your energy bills are continually increasing—despite your efforts to improve efficiency—it might be time to purchase a replacement heating system. The team at Smyth Air Conditioning Inc can help you analyze the performance of your HVAC system and walk through your options for newer, more efficient models.
Not only will these steps decrease the amount of money you are having to spend on heating bills, but many of them can help your heating system run more efficiently. More efficient energy use also improves the health of your equipment, which means your system will last longer.
If you are considering routine maintenance on your heating system or would like an expert to provide additional information on reducing energy costs—we’ve got you covered. Give Smyth Air Conditioning Inc in Lake Worth a call to begin. Give us a shout at 561-533-6066 or arrange an appointment with us online.