Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little bad luck, but we sometimes see heat pump troubles in Lake Worth during the winter time, when they’re needed the most to keep you comfortable. While you know the team at Smyth Air Conditioning Inc will always be there ASAP when you need us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to confirm that a repair is necessary and save yourself some money if it’s not. We’ve compiled this checklist of things to test before you give us a call.
- It may sound ridiculous, but make sure everything is set to “on”. We’ve been to several calls only to discover the thermostat or the heat pump itself is switched off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t turned on, return to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat turned to heat? If yes, increase the temperature by five degrees to check if it kicks on.
- If everything looks accurate, test your heat pump switch (if it has one) and test the fuses and circuit breaker that guard the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an obstruction causing your heat pump to breakdown?
- Try changing the battery, if it has one.
- Inspect your air filters inside your air handler to ensure they’re not blocking things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and clear?
If you’ve worked through this checklist and you still need a heat pump maintenance check, call Smyth Air Conditioning Inc at 561-533-6066 and we’ll get your home back to the welcoming and cozy place you expect this time of year.