Summer weather in Lake Worth can be rough. But you don’t have to pick between being comfortably cool and saving money on your utility bills. We’ve assembled some tips to make it simple.
The best thing you can do to stay comfortable and ensure energy efficiency is by maintaining your air conditioner. ENERGY STAR® says keeping your system working dependably and efficiently, and Smyth Air Conditioning Inc can make that simple. During an AC tune-up appointment, we’ll do the following tasks noted by ENERGY STAR and more:
- Tighten all electrical connections and measure voltage and current on motors to ensure safe operation of your system and the chance of a longer lifespan for major components.
- Clean the air conditioner’s evaporator and condenser coils as need be. Dirty coils require your system to work harder to do its job.
- Check system controls to ensure accurate and safe operation.
- Look at refrigerant levels.
- Clean and adjust blower components to be sure of correct system airflow.
Another crucial piece to staying cool is consistently checking your air conditioner’s air filter. A dirty filter may boost energy costs and damage your equipment, which could lead to premature failure. Our Smyth Air Conditioning Inc pros will inspect these for you at your tune-up appointment, but you’ll want to check the manufacturer’s recommendations to set up your own schedule to switch them out.
Here are a handul of other tips to keep your home comfy and energy-efficient:
- Look at thermostat settings to ensure your air conditioner keeps you comfortable when you are home and saves energy while you are away.
- If you find yourself cool at night, you can turn off your air conditioner and open your windows. Let the crisp air cool your place for you! In the morning, shut your windows and window coverings to trap the cool air and block the sun’s heat.
- Utilize fans. An ENERGY-STAR ceiling fan will allow you to set your thermostat a tad higher than you normally would without noticing any changes in your comfort level.
- Another style of fan people routinely forget about when they’re working to keep cool is their bathroom ventilation fan. Make sure to run yours when you shower as well as 20 minutes or longer after you’re done to take care of the heat and humidity from your bathroom.
- Try not to leave lights on and running many appliances on the hottest days. Obviously, your stovetop and oven put heat into your home, but even normal activities like watching TV, working on the computer, and drying or curling your hair can boost the heat in your home.
If you’d like additional ideas on how to keep your home cool and energy efficient this summer, give Smyth Air Conditioning Inc at call at 561-533-6066 or request an appointment with us online.