With warmer temperatures nearby, now is the time to prep your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is running at top efficiency, it can trim a significant amount off your energy bills! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit needs service, it could dramatically increase your expenses and cause preventable and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Smyth Air Conditioning Inc specialist perform air conditioning service
at least yearly is critical to keeping your system operating well for a long time. He or she can make sure the unit is running as it should be and can identify looming issues prior to them happening, saving you even more money.
Your expert air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to arranging your expert air conditioning service, there are steps you can do now and occasionally throughout the year to ensure your air conditioner is at its best.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you had it covered during winter. Utilizing your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it could damage your system and end with the need for large repairs or even replacement.
- Clean the area surrounding your AC. Make sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing too close to your AC unit because they could inhibit airflow through your AC. Also ensure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch obstructing any part of it.
During the year:
- While your filters could be cleaned or replaced during your professional air conditioning service, it’s important for you to check them every month and change them per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Every home has it’s own needs when talking about air filter replacement, varying on factors like owning house pets or doing home construction through the year.
Having your ducts cleaned on a regular basis will also ensure your air conditioner is able to work efficiently and will help you have a cozy home. By adhering these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to make sure your air conditioner will be prepped for whatever summer offers. Give the pros at Smyth Air Conditioning Inc a call at 561-533-6066 .