When it’s chilly in Lake Worth you depend on your heat pump to keep you cozy. If it’s been some time since your system had maintenance, you might have a heat pump repair in your future. Yearly maintenance service from professionals can keep your system operating properly and find potential problem areas before they get worse. Between service visits, make sure to look for cues that indicate repair is required. Here are some of the most common symptoms:
1. Your blower doesn’t seem to be working correctly. Is it running for enough time? Is it running all the time? Does the air flow seem not as strong? These symptoms could indicate a slight problem with your air filter or the indoor blower.
2. Your heat pump is jammed heating mode or cooling mode. When it’s too hot outside, your heat pump regulates the temperature in your home by passing refrigerant through the indoor evaporator coil. When it’s chilly out, heat pumps change the process and passes refrigerant to the outside of the evaporator coil. If you can’t get your system to convert modes, it may be time to contact an expert to find out why.
3. Your heat pump isn’t cycling normally. Your heat pump could be overheating if it is cycling on and off too often. This might point to a simple problem. Your thermostat may need to be recalibrated or a clogged filter needs to be changed. It may also indicate a malfunction in your thermostat or blower.
4. Your home is not being heated or cooled uniformly. Are your registers all open and unhampered? If they are and the problem continues, reach out to an expert to see why your system is malfunctioning or out of balance.
5. Your heat pump is loud. If your heat pump is suddenly running loudly or making noises you’ve never heard before, there could be something wrong.
You’ll know when you need to schedule heat pump repair now that you know of these common symptoms. The team at Smyth Air Conditioning Inc will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.