As spring rolls around, you could be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Lake Worth? Especially if your cooling unit is newer or was running well last season.
Here’s one method to look at it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new vehicle and never expect to request any work for it, such as putting in fresh oil or putting on new tires.
The same is applicable to your air conditioning. It’s equipment that uses fuel and has moving components. Like a vehicle, it can get leaks and its moving components can malfunction.
Having your equipment checked yearly by a Smyth Air Conditioning specialist can help spot small issues before they lead to large meltdowns. (And cause your equipment to stop working!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your cooling system is installed outdoors, it’s more susceptible to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can negatively affect your system’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a specialist to service complicated internal components.
- It keeps your unit efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that accumulate in your equipment can make it work harder and restrict airflow. Both these issues can lead to higher energy use—and a more expensive cooling bill!
- It could prolong your system’s life span. A clean AC is an efficient one and may even help it run for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly energy costs and over the years, because you won’t have to replace your equipment as quickly.
- It helps identify little issues before they turn into big, expensive problems. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will closely examine parts and complete a set of AC performance verifications. These all-inclusive procedures often allow us to locate issues before they turn into big troubles that result in a costly repair bill.
- It helps deliver worry-free cooling throughout the summer. After your AC is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your system is ready to give worry-free air. Even on the warmest days. It’s one of the best methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers require regular maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this work, your unit is open to advanced breakdowns and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A premium AC tune-up should involve an examination and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the work we’ll complete:
We’ll examine the subsequent spots and components:
- Complete equipment order
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower pieces and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a segment of the jobs we’ll complete:
- Replace air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Lubricate moving parts
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Service Today with Smyth Air Conditioning
Now is the best time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Smyth Air Conditioning pros a shout at 561-533-6066 or contact us online to book your appointment. Before we visit your home, be sure to check our discount offers for savings on your next maintenance.