While winter weather seems like it’s already been going on for much too long, its effect on our heating bill is just starting. Maintaining low energy costs during the coldest months of the year can be a challenge, but that doesn’t mean you can’t take steps to potentially reduce those costs. That’s why we’ve come up with a few furnace tips to help keep soaring heating bills at bay.
To take aim at lowering your heating bills and enhancing your energy efficiency this winter, consider:
- Keeping your blinds open throughout the warmest hours of the day to bring sunlight in, heating your home naturally.
- Sealing leaks around your home’s windows and doors with caulk or weather stripping.
- Installing a programmable thermostat so that you can more precisely control the temperature in your home, which will also enhance energy efficiency.
- Cleaning or replacing your furnace filter every few months.
- Checking your home's heating vents to ensure they are open and aren’t blocked by any obstructions
- Replacing your old furnace with a newer, more efficient model if your furnace has been around for more than 15 years.
- Installing insulation to your attic to keep the heat trapped inside.
- Checking your roof to confirm your shingles are intact, and that no holes or areas need sealing.
Working to keep your energy bills to a minimum and energy efficiency at a maximum, is a year-round effort, one that can seem overwhelming at times. However, that doesn’t mean that you can’t take a few small steps to make sure you’re keeping your bills as low as possible. If you have any questions related to the tips above or questions about how you can lower your heating bills, give us a buzz at 561-533-6066 . Our experts are here to help you keep your home comfortable all year long, even with the crazy Lake Worth weather.