Maintaining your heat pump
is imperative to keeping it functioning well and keeping you and your family comfortable during the Lake Worth winter. If you already called Smyth Air Conditioning Inc for your annual service, you’re definitely on top of things. If you haven’t, it’s not too late. Call us at 561-533-6066 to get one set-up.
There are plenty of simple things you can do in between pro maintenance to advance the efficiency of your heat pump and keep it running in peak shape. Try these heat pump maintenance tips:
- Yes, we’ve said it before, but we can’t stress this enough: check your filters frequently and clean or swap them when suggested. This is such a simple way to increase the airflow through your heat pump and preserve maximum efficiency.
- Check to see if your coils and fans are open for ideal airflow. Diminished airflow makes your heat pump work more and can injure your system’s compressor.
- Confirm that your supply and return registers are open and clear.
- If plants have grown up near your outdoor unit or a mess has collected, be sure to clear the area.
- Test your thermostat frequently to confirm that it’s functioning correctly. Just turn it on and slowly increase the temperature setting until your heat pump turns on. If it doesn’t turn on, check back to our blog post on heat pump repair or extra thermostat tips, or give us a call.
Keeping you and your family warm and comfortable matters to us. For more thoughts on DIY furnace maintenance or to set-up a tune-up with one of our professionals, call Smyth Air Conditioning Inc at 561-533-6066 or arrange an appointment online. We’re happy to help!