Having routine air conditioning service performed at least yearly can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at top efficiency. Before we get to the hottest days of the Lake Worth summer, have the specialists at Smyth Air Conditioning Inc conduct your annual air conditioning service.
Certain tasks should always be done during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Look for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, examine for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is needed, retrieve any refrigerant that must be cleared from the system, as opposed to unlawfully freeing it to the air.
- Inspect for correct airflow in the system.
- Confirm the correct electric control sequence to make sure of adequate sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Check the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters frequently is a top priority. That’s because nothing else that easy can help ensure your air conditioner continues to run at peak efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should check it habitually. We suggest taking a look at it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually demands cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual influences in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call Smyth Air Conditioning Inc today at 561-533-6066 .